It’s Football Season
College and pro football season is about to kick off, and that means this Saturday or Sunday many of us will also be enjoying the traditional tailgate parties. But don’t let a great day be spoiled by lack of Mountain View personal insurance. Did you know that in many cases, your homeowner’s insurance can cover your liability if you injure someone during a tailgate party? It is important to have us review your Mountain View homeowner’s insurance to make sure that you have the proper coverage. A Mountain View homeowner’s insurance review can take less time than a scoring drive by the Oregon Ducks high flying offense!
Here are some simple Safety Tips For Your Tailgate Party
- Keep food at a safe temperature while transporting from home to the game.
- Keep foods separated in plastic bags.
- Preparing and cooking meat requires using proper sanitation.
- Always cook meat completely. Hot foods must be kept at 140°F or higher. If you've prepared all your food at home, make sure it's quickly cooled. Then, keep it below 40°F.
- When packing the cooler, be sure raw meat and poultry are wrapped securely and separately.
- Don’t let food sit out for hours.
- If you serve any fish/shellfish make sure your party guests don’t have allergies. Don’t use the same cooking surface for fish/shellfish and other foods.
- Even on cloudy days, you may have a need for sunscreen.
- Drink lots of water.
- Pack lots of ice to keep foods fresh.
- Try to monitor drinking; there is nothing worse than a drunken football fan.
- If you use a grill, make sure you follow all manufactures safety instructions.
- Don’t use a grill close to any vehicles.
- Keep lighter fluid away from grill or heat.
- Always have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand.
Ludwig & Fawcett Insurance!
We provide our customers with financial protection through quality insurance products. We partner with multiple financially sound and reliable companies, allowing our knowledgeable and experienced staff to customize an insurance package to fit your needs.
While we enjoy meeting our clients in person, we can also initiate coverage over the phone, by fax, or by email.
While many of our clients are in Mountain View, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, and San Jose, we serve all of Northern and Southern California!