Can You Live Without Disaster Insurance?
Human caused disasters and natural disasters occur in every state. California has earthquakes and wild fires, Colorado has flooding and wildfires, the Northeast has winter storms and high winds, Florida has flooding and hurricanes, and the Midwest has flooding and tornados.
Insurance And Disasters
It is safe to say that most business and homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover the risks associated with disasters. The only exception would be damage caused by wildfires. Let’s look at how insurance might apply to other disasters.
- Floods-- Only 13% of U.S. homeowners had flood-insurance policies last year according to the Insurance Information Institute, a trade group. Flood insurance must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program. We can help you if you need the coverage.
- Earthquake-- While earthquakes occur mainly in certain areas, there are registered earthquakes in every state, every year. Earthquake insurance also must be added or purchased under a separate policy.
- Mudslides-- A standard home insurance policy does not protect your home against damage caused by a mudslide. Mudslides are usually defined as ground movement. Heavy rains that cause a mudflow would typically be covered.
- Hail-- Most homeowner’s insurance policies provide coverage for losses resulting from hail.
- Wildfires-- It can be safe to say that all homeowner’s insurance covers loss resulting from a fire. Wildfires are considered a fire and would be covered.
Coverage disclaimer--the information provided here is for general purposes only. It is not our intent to change or modify insurance coverage. Each insurance policy is different and your individual coverage will be determined by the terms of your insurance policy.
Did you know you can control what you pay for Mountain View auto insurance? Auto insurance is best purchased when you have a licensed professional as your advocate. Licensed professional insurance agents help you get the best price and coverage, and good communication about your insurance factors is important. Here are some examples of things you can control when purchasing auto insurance.
At Ludwig & Fawcett, Inc., we offer our clients an array of personal products such as Home, Auto, Personal Umbrella, and Life insurance. In some instances, our clients may also choose to bundle their coverage in the form of a Home and Auto policy for increased protection and savings.